How To Install CM 14.1 Based On Android Nougat 7.1 On Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9506
Hello, Guys ! so in today’s article we gonna be showing you guys how you can install CyanogenMod 14 Android Nougat 7.0 On Samsung Galaxy s4 i9506 . yes ! you heard it right Samsung Galaxy s4 has a cm14 build and you can experience Android Nougat 7.0 features on your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9506 right now. But do note that this build is Unofficial cm 14 build so there are some bugs but you can use this ROM for daily use like answering call, listening to music, casual browsing, WIFI, Bluetooth etc
Advantages of installing custom ROMs:-
1.we can remove bloatware (Pre-installed apps on your device by the smartphone manufacturer)
2.Custom ROMs come with custom kernels so with custom kernels you will be able to overclock your device to increase the processing power and performance of your device
3.In terms of customization, you can customize look and feel of your Android device like crazy after installing a custom ROM
4.Your device will be up to date by installing the custom ROM and you can enjoy the latest android updates
5.There will be improvement in your battery life than before
Disadvantages of installing custom ROM:-
1.There may be a chance of bricking your device but don’t worry you can fix it easily
2.You might face some App crashing issues if you didn’t install the GAPPS properly
3.you will also lose some native features of your device.
1) BackUp your important stuff like images, videos, etc because you are going to lose your data
2) Make sure that your device has enough charge ( 70%-80% is Recommended) or else you may end up bricking your device
Right Now This new Android v7.1 Nougat CyanogenMod CM 14.1 custom ROM can be installed on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A GT-I9506 (ks01ltexx) models only, if in case you try to install on other devices, it might brick them [to check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number].
Download Android v7.1 Nougat CyanogenMod [unofficial] CM 14.1 custom ROM: HERE
Google Apps: HERE
Download TWRP Recovery : HERE
Download Samsung USB Driver:HERE
Source >> XDA Developers
How to Install CyanogenMod 14 on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9506 (Step By Step Guide)
1) so at First, download and install a custom recovery (click here to install TWRP recovery). If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then you can skip this step.
2) Download the CyanogenMod 14 ROM and Gapps of Galaxy S4 from the links given above and place both Zip files in your device internal storage or SD card.
3) Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding “Power Button+Volume Down Keys” for few seconds until you get into recovery
5) Now do a Factory Reset by following the steps mentioned below
Go to Wipe>Advanced Wipe
>Select Dalvik cache, data, cache, and System >> swipe to wipe them.
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file select it & swipe to confirm flash. After the process completes, select GApps zip file and swipe to confirm flash.
7) after the above process completes just tap on reboot system to reboot your device and you are done
So this how you can install CM14 which is based on Android 7.0 Nougat on your Galaxy S4